Join BKS for National Girls and Women in Sports Day
Many Black women and girls avoid the sport of swimming. Join BKS for National Girls and Women in Sports Day as we continue our work to Change The Tide!
Black Kids Swim wants ALL woman and girls to experience the joy of swimming! To that end we will participate in this Saturday’s National Girls and Women in Sports Day with D.C. State Athletic Association at the Deanwood Recreation and Aquatic Center on Saturday February 3, 2018 in Washington, DC from 10:00AM to 3:00PM.
Join BKS for National Girls and Women in Sports Day. Visit our booth to view the #lovethissport campaign videos, pick up free giveaways, and learn more about how you can learn to swim and where you can go to join a great swim team.
Also, attend our signature educational presentation which addresses:
- The real history of African swimmers
- Why so many African Americans don’t swim
- The legacy of exclusion in America in the sport of swimming
- Why Black Kids Swim was founded
- Hair and skin care tips for Black swimmers
- Advice for new swim parents
- Resources and role models from the Black swim community
Many sports will be represented at this wonderful event to encourage all women and girls to explore the wide world of sports. We hope to see you there!